OpenIndx is Active!!!
I am glad to announce that OpenIndx project has been approved by Sourceforge.net Team and now OpenIndx is officially Active!!!!
OpenIndx will be a community build product which visions to raise the Educational standards by helping Institutes build better reflection of their quality through the websites.
Some of the key features of OpenIndx are:
1. Alumni Management System
2. Course Management System
3. Content Management System
4. Survey Management System
5. PeopleOne Management System
6. Library Management System
7. Institute Industry Interaction System
8. Grade Management System
Join, Participate and Change!!!
Project Home: https://sourceforge.net/projects/openindx
Its mere a start, and miles to go before we sleep!!! Cheers
Localization can defined as computing in Regional languages to make multi-lingual websites, application, tools etc.
Why I say its India’s much awaited Technology?
With India becoming an IT destination for the world catering the needs, is IT penetrating deep in Indian roots?
So now, what are the problems in doing so?
1. Indian IT professionals expect more salaries which cant be offered in Indic computing.
2. Companies face a lot of piracy issues, sustaining which ultimately leads to putting down shutters.
3. Indic Computing work mainly involves Govts and Semi-Govts as the clients, and convincing them for the “Change” is a real challenge in itself.
I guess these are some real big issues which are hampering the growth.
OKay, these were the problems. What about the Solution then?
1. Piracy issue wont be really involved if the products after release are made Open Source.
2. Good Products, will bring Good Money. You give what people want and they will pay you back. Even Google in that case
3. Having interest in giving back to Society, makes complex things pretty simpler.
I have added a new category “Localization”, in which I am getting my hands again on the Technologies I have worked during my days in Indictrans Labs.
I will be posting more on this particular section so keep looking more for this space.
I have taken a very tough and painful decision.I am ending up my long association(not contribution) with Indictrans!!!!
Indictrans has been very close to me, both on professional and personal fronts. From the heavyness of being a part to feeling a loner is pretty painful.
No wonder, its my fault.
I wish Indictrans team all the best from core of my heart.
Last night, when I was typing about the features we have to offer in our release 1.0….I was looking for some good way of representing things/data so I was looking for symbols in MS Word.
Suddenly,right lobe of my brain started working! Yes, actaully it was working. I know u cant believe it. Call it a Miracle?
Then, I left the work and started designing the Logo for our Wink…and to my surprise even my roomy [Damu my version, Dhamu his version] also joined in brainstorming.
and Finally we figured out a very catchy-stylish-worth Logo, which I am planning to use.
So thats wht I did last nite till 2am.
I understand, ur getting excited to see how it figured out..but I guess u have to wait for a day or two, till I get GPRS activated….I know u will wait…Cho Chweeeet…
Our first work.Our Logo.